Cabernet Sauvignon – 750ml
Purple red color, both dark and intense. To the nose it has fruity notes ranging from licorice to black berries. To the palate it has a good body and soft and round tannins. Good length that tends to a fruity finish. Perfect with aged cheese and cold cuts.
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Classification: I.G.T. Terre Siciliane
- Btl capacity: 750 ml
- Area of production: Salaparuta, 450-500 masl, south-east exposure
- Soil: Dark alluvial and deep soils, medium texture, clay-sandy silt composition, good content of organic substance.
- Training and pruning: Upwards-trained vertical trellis, guyot.
- Yield per hectare: 70 quintals for hectare
- Vinification: Harvested at phenolic ripening, it is left to macerate for 12-15 days at 26 C° with daily pump-overs. After racking, it is aged in steel for about 4 months. A part is aged in barriques. The process is completed with aging in bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics: Intense red color with ruby shades. Spicy on the nose, it recalls notes of coffee and currants with notes of Mediterranean herbs. In the mouth it is full, with important tannins and good persistence and balance.
- Pairings: Perfect with very seasoned courses. It goes well with cold cuts, and all meat dishes.
- Alcohol by volume: 13%vol
- Acidity: 5,5gl
- PH: 3,5
- SO2 TOT: 980mg/l
- SO2: 33mg/l