Catarratto/Chardonnay – 750ml
Straw yellow. Fresh on the nose with traces of honeysuckle and lemon grass. In the mouth it has a good body, highlighted by a crisp hint. It matches well with cold seafood appetizers, swordfish, soups and well-seasoned pecorino cheese
- Variety: 70% catarratto – 30% chardonnay
- Classification: I.G.T. Terre Siciliane
- Btl capacity: 750 ml
- Area of production: Salaparuta, 350 masl, south-east exposure
- Soil: Alluvial and deep soils, medium texture. Good content of organic matter
- Training and pruning: Upwards-trained vertical trellis, guyot.
- Yield per hectare: Catarratto: 80 quintals for hectare – Chardonnay: 80 quintals for hectare
- Vinification: Blend of 70% cataratto and 30% chardonnay. The varieties are fermented separately in steel for 20 days at 12-14 C°. The blend is made once the process is completed.
- Organoleptic characteristics: Straw yellow. On the nose the wine is fresh with traces of honeysuckle and lemon grass. In the mouth it has a good body and stands out for a certain minerality highlighted by an acid-crisp hint.
- Pairings: It matches well with cold seafood appetizers, swordfish rolls, soups and well-seasoned pecorino cheese.
- Alcohol by volume: 12.5% vol.
- Acidity: 5,5gl
- PH: 3,5
- SO2 TOT: 980mg/l
- SO2: 33mg/l