“Gallo Nero” Chianti Classico D.O.C.G. – 75cl
- Grade: 13% Vol.
- Grape variety: 85% Sangiovese, 10% Caniolo, 5% Ciliegiolo
- Training system: Trained by spurred cordon or guyot. The yield is about 90 quintals per hectare.
- Processing: The grapes are selected by hand before being harvested by machine. Fermentation is carried out in the traditional way, remaining on the skind for a fortnight at a controlled temperature. The wine completes malolactic fermentation in stainless steel tanks.
- Ageing: In stainless steel tanks, plus a short passage in barriques
- Tasting notes: Ruby red colour with violet reflections. The scent is full and reminds of violet; in the mouth it is dry, soft with notes of cherry and berries.
- Serving temperature: 16-18°C – Uncork the bottle at the moment.
- Food Pairings: Ideal with beef, pasta and cheese.
Category: Northern Wine Selection