Merlot – 375ml
Intense ruby color, to the nose it affords hints of fruits, such as currants, black cherries, plums, and violet flowers. To the palate it is full and the tannins are not lacking while remaining discrete and round. Perfect with rich and elaborate pasta dishes.
- Variety: Merlot
- Classification: I.G.T. Terre Siciliane
- Btl capacity: 750 ml
- Area of production: Salaparuta, 350-500 masl, south-east exposure
- Soil: Medium soil texture, from moderately deep to deep with a rich skeleton consisting of abundant pebbles, slightly calcareous and patches of dark vegetal soils.
- Training and pruning: Upwards-trained vertical trellis, guyot.
- Yield per hectare: 60 quintals for hectare
- Vinification: Harvested at phenolic ripening, it is left to macerate for 12-15 days at 26 C° with daily pump-overs. After racking, it is aged in steel for about 4 months. A part is aged in barriques. The process is completed with aging in bottle.
- Organoleptic characteristics: Intense ruby color, to the nose it affords hints of fruits, such as currants, black cherries and plums, and flowers such as violets. To the palate it reflects the olfactory scents: it is full and the tannins are not lacking while remaining discrete and round. Excellent length and balance.
- Pairings: Perfect with rich and elaborate pasta dishes.
- Alcohol by volume: 13%vol
- Acidity: 5,5gl
- PH: 3,5
- SO2 TOT: 980mg/l
- SO2: 33mg/l